Easy Street!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Home Stretch for Grandmother's Choice!

We are down to 14 weeks remaining on this fabulous project!  So I am working on my final planning.

I went through all of my blocks and recorded what fabrics I have used and in which blocks.


So - now I know which fabrics I have used only once.  The goal will be to use them in the remaining blocks.  Unless, of course, I see something I cannot live without!!  No - I am going to make a concerted effort to ensure some more cohesiveness in the blocks for the final 14 blocks.  Really.  I have pulled the fabrics and intend to only pull from that bin for the blocks.

I also have a plan for the final setting and it will also dictate what colors I use in the remaining blocks.  My plan has groups of nine blocks in each corner.  In those nine-block groupings there will be a red block in the middle; bold black and white in the corners, lighter black and white and blue and white in the middle blocks on the sides.

Separating each group of nine will be three blocks with red in them.  The middle one on the veritical lines will have a white background.  The horizontal blocks will be those with bolder red or red/black fabrics.

The center block is the star pictured below on a white background.

I will frame the large sets of nine and sets of three with tiny white on black polka do, then sash in between those with a solid light blue/turquoise.


This picture was taken several weeks ago.  I think now that I need to make three blocks with some red in them, five or six more with bold black tones, and then around six with a calmer tone. 

Wish me luck!  It's a plan, and will be adapted if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment