Easy Street!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

It's August Already!

I have been incredibly busy this summer including a wonderful trip to a wedding in Cabo San Lucas and a few business trips.

That has not kept me from keeping up with my various projects and starting new ones.  I'll catch up with documenting them at some point!

We have finished the last block for the Grandmother's Choice Block of the Week by Barbara Brackman.  I learned so much about both construction and design on top of all the great stories and history on women and the vote.

Here are my 49 blocks:

They are not quite in order because I redid a couple, an one has been redone yet again. And how about that purple background?  I forgot to change it to black when I made the collage. But you get the gist!

Here is my start at my setting - sashing of a group of 9:


There is more to come but I'm off on a business trip all week.  I am currently deciding how thick I want the sashing to be around that group of 9.  The same size as what separates the blocks or a bit wider. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I hope to work on this next weekend when I return.  Until then, I'll check in on the Flickr site to see what folks are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment