Easy Street!

Monday, January 2, 2017

Barbara Brackman's 2016 BOM Blocks Finished

I started working on Barbara's 2016 Block of the Month and then fell behind since the September block. It has Y seams and really stymied me, both in fabric selection and construction. I had some other projects to work on and set it aside.

The holidays founds me back at it - I really enjoyed the Bear Paw block - my first time making that pattern. I conquered my issues with September's block and have finished each set.

Pale Blocks



Bright Blocks:


I may replace some pieces in the one on the bottom right, possible including the blue background used in the upper middle block.



Now to work on setting ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work on both versions - I think the brights are more you? But good for you doing two each month and what great quilts both sets will make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The brights are definitely more my style. I want to incorporate more light tones effectively, so challenged myself to do the light version. The layout for the light version is very much my style, so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete