Easy Street!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dixie Diary - Month 9 - The Hands of Strangers

This month we read about how difficult it was to know someone else was in your house using your things and knowing you could not do a thing about it and would not get back.  So Barbara Brackman split the center square of the block "to represent the break in the Morgan family life."  It resonates a bit with me because I hate being in my grandparent's home town and not being able to sleep in that house - the one they lived in for 50 years, and I visited for over 40 years.  Sigh.  Time does march on.

I had a little trouble conceiving this block. After a couple of false starts I'm pleased with the end result:



I believe it blends nicely with the set so far:



Three more months to go.  I have planned my setting and have started working on it off and on.  Part of it will entail a bit of work, so I will be working on it from here on out so that I keep momentum to finish it once the final block is completed.

Here's a sneak peak:


1 comment: