Easy Street!

Friday, September 20, 2013

RBD 2013 BOM Mystery Top Completed

I completed the top for the Riley Blake Designs block of the month mystery.  The series was titled "Things We Love".  The first 8 months for this BOM included three applique blocks.  I did them because I decided to do blocks of the week/month this year so that I would make blocks I would not have otherwise tried.

HOWEVER, I drew the line at the final block they posted for month 9 (September).

Flower Garden by Cindy Guch (from Pinterest)




Flower Garden






The left is what they designed. Umm, I do not LOVE applique, so I opted to substitute a Flower Basket block on the right above.

For the setting, since this was about learning new techniques, I decided to do a Twist n Turn treatment to the blocks as shown by Sharyn Squier Craig.  Then, I used sashing with cornerstones which was also something I have not done before. The top is done!





I will bind it in the orange fabric used for the little cornerstones.

Since this is now three tops I have completed and are ready to go to a longarmer, I guess I better go contact someone.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Three tops completed. You might want to have a set of sunglasses in the bag for the longarmer...wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha - Yes - this one is bright, even for me! It does make me smile.

    ReplyDelete