Easy Street!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Block 41 - Contrary Wife or Incompatible Marriage?

This week's Grandmother's Choice Block of the Week block is called Contrary Wife.  Barbara Brackman's story is about Frances Kemble Butler, who was married to Pierce Butler for a time.  He saw her as contrary because she did not want to and would not be the plantation wife he desired.  She was not a shrinking violet when they met, so who knows why he thought she would change after marriage.  So - he divorced her. 

I am continuing to use fabrics used only once previously and hope I do not make poor decisions as a result.  This week, I went a little psychedelic with a stripe running two ways.  I actually like the result and it works in my planned setting very well.  I put the ovals on the diagonal so that I can lead the eye in that direction in the setting.


This is week 41, we have only 8 more blocks to go!  Then the work of executing my setting vision will start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment