Easy Street!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grandmother's Choice: Art Square: Women in a Box

In week 40, Barbara Brackman talks about the lack of respect and acknowledgment of women in the arts.  I thought it would be quite a challenge to put together because the center square is 6" - pretty large for one fabric in my normal scheme of things.  I remembered a fabric, though, that is in my stack of "use these again" and it is a larger flower that looks like it may have been drawn in chalk or even crayon.  So - it was the perfect center for my block.  I chose to frame it in a bold black and white check:



Now we have only 9 weeks left in this wonderful project.  Here is a collage of my 40 blocks:


I am trying to stick to my plan of using fabrics only used once before....so far, so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment