Easy Street!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Celtic Solstice - Slow and Steady Progress

It was a busy weekend for me, so I did not work on this project as much as I did last week.  In addition to this project, I met my Mom for a recital, went to a class to make a bag and a table runner, made the final block of the Dixie Diary BOM, worked on my two Dear Jane quilts, and picked up the last two blocks for another BOM!

For Celtic Solstice, I cut all the pieces I need for the 100 chevron blocks that will finish at 3", and I'd say I'm just over half way through sewing them up.

Here's where I was Sunday morning after the first 20:
I am saving the leftover triangles in the Bell jar - this is not tamped down at all.

And here's where I ended the day yesterday with 40 completely done, and 20 just needing to be pressed open.


The jar is filling up - I have to smash them into it now!.  Can you see the front block on the left?  It has both Christmas fabric and St Patrick's Day fabric in the green stripe!  I am not being very particular about pairing fabrics up, either. This was a happy suprise. I hope I can remember to place it by something made my orange fabric with Halloween candy corns.

Now that I am remembering to press the seams in each pair in the opposite direction, they are coming together. There are more pieces than it seems to me, so it is taking longer than I expected. No doubt that is exacerbated by the fact that I have 5,549 other projects in the work. Oh, and I work full time, too.

I am enjoying the process.

I wonder what Friday will bring?!

1 comment:

  1. looks great! and I love the scrappy! that adds a special dimension to each project...

    ReplyDelete