Easy Street!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Celtic Solstice - Step 4 - 4 Patches (and other projects, too)

This week was an easy one for the Celtic Solstice mystery -- and I almost finished over the weekend.  On Friday night I started laying out strips of orange and green from scraps from previous steps and from my stash. I was able to use up all the orange and green small strips I had, and only had to cut into fat quarters for about 25 of the 120 four patch blocks.

I sewed and sewed and when I finally counted I had 116 four patch units!  So, just four more to go:


I could not resist the urge to make a holiday four patch with some of my least favorite fabrics celebrating St. Patty's Day, Halloween, and Christmas:



And I made worked on the pinwheels - I have only 4 completely done (a whopping two more than last week). All the remainder 2 patches are sewn and need to be joined into the full pinwheels:


I did all this sewing on Sunday.  To see what other folks are doing with Celtic Solstice, click here!

On Saturday, I went to my guild's sew-in at a local library and got the binding sewn onto my Grandmother's Choice quilt:



I started handsewing it to the back last night -- I have about 80" of the 400" total done!  This I just plug away at and stitch a little at a time or when I'm watching TV (kinda rare).

I also got more done on a quilt I'm sewing for a baseball friend and I decided on the setting for another BOM.

To finish out my saga of my very productive sewing week -- AND I finished the first 25 blocks of the Dear Jane quilt I am making using charcoal and cream for the backgrounds:


I will start some applique blocks, but probably not until next weekend!

I love sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! Dear Jane, Grandmother's Choice, AND the mystery.

    I love that holiday 4-patch!

    ReplyDelete