Easy Street!

Monday, September 14, 2015

And a Finish!

In 2013/2014, I started quite a few BOMs and BOWs. I am determined to get them finished this year.

I have finally completed the BOM from Riley Blake in 2013 called "Things We Love".  I enjoyed this one a lot, and I am happy with the bright and cheery result. I had it quilted with a pattern of a needle and spools of thread to go with the theme.

Finished Top

Detail showing fake flange on the binding
I used the fake flange method for the binding. See here for details. It's not super fast to do; it takes less time, though, than hand-stitching the binding on the back in the traditional binding methos. I've decided to use this method on a couple of the quilts I have left to bind to speed up the number of finishes for the year.

I had a hard time stitching in the ditch. I am hoping once my eye surgery is done I will be able to better determine where that needle is going. Or not! Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment