Easy Street!

Friday, September 4, 2015

Applique Project Starting....Yes, I Said Applique

I have decided to embark on the sew-along from the Virginia Quilt Museum at the blog:

Virginia Quilt Museum's Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt (SVBAQ) Sew-Along







The pattern is purchased from the Virginia Quilt Museum, in either paper version or digital download.

I'm planning on a lavender backgrounds because I plan to use my purple/pink/periwinkle Dear Jane on the wall in my bedroom and think this may work on the bed from time to time. I may piece the backgrounds as well so I can use the fabric I used in the Dear Jane - I do not have pieces large enough for the 20" blocks and I want to use my stash for this project.  I may lay out the first block with the pieced background and if I don't like the look I can always buy background fabrics.  I have not decided on other colors yet.

I am surprised that I am signing up for this, but the block are very large, so I'm hoping the applique will not be too difficult. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment