Easy Street!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Concept for Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt

As I recently stated, I am planning to do the monthly sew along for the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album quilt. As I am wont to do, I have created a drawing of my concept and picked some scraps to visually get an idea of that concept.


Conceptual Drawing

Concept with Fabric
Final Selection of Background Fabrics

 
I like it and I'm interested to see it play out in the 20" block size. I'm making it the size of the original because I plan for it to be my Spring bedspread. As much of these colors that I have in fabric, I do not have much that is large enough for backgrounds for the size block I'm making since I got them for a Dear Jane quilt (which will be the Spring wall hanging in the bedroom) and bought mostly fat quarters.

Darn, must go shopping! In my defense, I plan to use fabric from my stash for all of the applique pieces. Well, unless I find the perfect shade of green (or fuschia or pink or periwinkle) while I'm out and about.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your color combinations for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I'm wondering if I need to adjust the color button on my monitor - somehow what began as lavender has morphed into peach? I do look forward to watching progress on this and might even run a betting system on the final background color! But seriously, a beautiful start has been made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are still lavenders,and some pink. Very bad camera lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made some changes. After reading Dorry's comments and looking at my original thoughts, I realized I had way more pink than I initially wanted, and I still fell it's too much pink (as much as I love these fabrics).

    ReplyDelete