Easy Street!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Block of the Week - Can I Keep Up?

A woman in the guild I am in mentioned a "Block of the Week" project that started on September 1st.  CRAZY, I thought!  No way could I keep up.  It would be tooooooo difficult for me at my stage of quilting experience. 

So, I joined!

It is on Barbara Brackman's blog, Grandmother's Choice where she is providing the history of the women's suffrage movement in the U.S.  Each week she posts a new block and explains its inspiration.  I am learning SO much.

We've done 8 weeks now....here's my first 8 blocks: 






I chose this color combination because I think it is perhaps a choice that we would choose today if we were faced with this topic.  And because I really love these colors - I hope they're not too much once I get 49 blocks done.  The light turquoise will be in every block accompanied by the black and white or red-orange. 

I have decided since I made it by week 4 with the sunflower block, I can do any of them.  Here's hoping!

Another way I am learning through this process is by seeing what everyone else is doing with their blocks on the Grandmothers Choice Flickr group. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I think you got that right: since you conquered that most difficult sunflower with aplomb - you've got the rest of this covered! Your colors are really fresh and fun to look at!!

    ReplyDelete