Easy Street!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What I Did On My Rain Days Off

I worked on the Pointing the Way project on these 2 days with work closed due to the weather.   I completed seven 16 square patch blocks, and sewed the middle four together. 

I also started looking at the pattern's recommended borders (these half square blocks were already sewn).  I wonder if they want a narrow border between the main star and the point border?  I'd have to calculate it so the points would still work.  I suppose I could cut down the ones I already have sewn to make it work.

Since I have an aversion to white space, I'm thinking of putting a smaller version of the large pattern in the corner blocks - also made the half square blocks for it.  Perhaps I should embrace the white space, I'm just not sure.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.




Pointing the Way - as of 10/30/2012

 I did pretty well on the center section, so I'm not putting anything over it.  (The pattern calls for an appliqued compass points on a circle.  You can find the pattern online -- it opens a pdf file -- at this link.)

Pointing the Way - Middle Section Close Up



I'm tired now and starting to make mistakes, so I'm going to stop sewing for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment