Easy Street!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Subtlety Is Not My Forte

One of my current projects was from one of my local quilt shop's, Webfabrics, for National Quilting Day 2011, called Pointing the Way (pattern by Martha Ethridge).  I think I got it in March.  Now that I have a design board (and I highly recommend one) I think progress will be faster.  This one was very hard to visualize in pieces laid on a table.  I could only get 1/4 of it visible at a time.  Now that I see it up it is much easier to piece.  Yep, more precision required.  I am becoming one with my seam ripper!


Pointing the Way

I did not pick the fabrics and initially thought they were far too similar.  Seeing it in the photo, though, I see the variation and I like it.  This one is helping me hone my eye to the subtle differences in shading.  I tend to prefer big, bold coloring.  I am starting  to explore shading and slight changes in hues because I have some more artsy fartsy ideas that will require this to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment