Easy Street!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mad for Plaid!

It's Saturday, so it's Block of the Week day!  I started the day checking out the new block on Barbara Brackman's Grandmothers Choice: Votes for Women blog.

The block this week is called Brick Pavement: March on Washington.  It commemorates the march on Washington prior to Woodrow Wilson's inauguration.  There was a parade, mad men (really angry men, actually) and a white horse.  Read the blog for more!

I had trouble early in the day figuring out what I wanted to do...so many possibilities.  I took a break and went with a friend to one of our favorite shops in Purcellville, VA, WebFabrics! Yummy!  We got fabric for a workshop we are taking soon.  THEN, this fabulous black/white plaid fabric jumped into my hands, followed by a lovely black on black floral, and about 8 other fat quarters and a charm pack that I NEED for this project.  (I think I'll have enough for 5 more quilts in these colors by the end of the year!)

The plaid and floral inspired me and this is the result for week 9:



I used the tip I learned from this same friend at a recent quilt retreat:  You can't use too many pins.  I'll add that I find you can't iron too much!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous new fabrics you have there my friend. I have that black fabric in purple and am using it in my GC project. Seems we do shop at the same stores after all huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would not be surprised at some similar fabrics cropping up amongst us! I did not let myself look at purples, I bet it's lovely in purple. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete