Easy Street!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hotel Room Shenanigans

I have been on a business trip for the last week, and am having some sewing withdrawal!  I got a quick shot of retail therapy in by visiting a local quilt shop and helped the economy a bit.  I also brought fabric to cut up for a Zipper quilt I want to make.  I am cutting 88 4.5" x 7.5" rectangles and 560 1.5" x 2.5" rectangles.



The colors are pretty saturated in this picture, but they are actually pretty pastel greens and yellows.  I wanted to do something in a calmer palette than I usually choose.  I am also adding white dimple fabric to the mix.

I have also looked at the blogs for Grandmother's Choice and Easy Street!  I will be so far behind by Saturday when I return.  Here's what I will need to do to catch up:

 Grandmother's Choice Week 14, Bride's Knot: Invisible Women

Grandmother's Choice Week 15 (I'll see it on Saturday)

Easy Street Step 1 - Finish sewing 192 four-patch squares - I have most of the two-patches done.
Easy Street Step 2 - Cut and sew 128 flying geese units
Easy Street Step 3 - I'll find out on Friday.

I think I may be sewing this weekend!

I'm looking forward to the holidays and spending time with my mom, my best friend, her husband and her two kids, 1 kid's spouse, 1 kid's fiance, and 1 adorable grandson.

The biggest issue I have right now is catching up with my sewing.

My friends, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment