Easy Street!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Easy Street Step 1 Progress

So far I have cut the strips for step 1, sewed strips together and subcut most of them.  I need about 75 more subcuts, and I still need to sew all the 4 patches together.  Sheesh, first week and I'm already behind!  I plan to catch up between Christmas and New Year's if I have to during my week off of work!  We'll see if it takes me that long to catch up.

Strips
Four patches pinned and ready to sew are in the bin

I just love this color palette!  Here's my fabric - still need to add a bit of darker turquoise or teal.  I am wondering if it should be (mostly) tone on tone, or if the white prints on teal/turquoise/aqua will work.  Do you have most tonal choices in your colored fabric, or are you using prints?



3 comments:

  1. I had a print in the bunch and it didn't look right so mostly tone on tone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe that I'm doing Easy Street - as if Grandmother's Choice doesn't keep me busy enough! And let's not even mention all of the other in-progress quilts that continue to pile up.

    Pretty fabric selections - I'll make sure and check back in from time to time and see how it's coming along! -- Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using tone on tone, but my fabrics are quite pale as I'm going for a more sherbert-like feel. I love your fabrics and the black/white prints are fun.

    ReplyDelete