Easy Street!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Houndstooth, Anyone?

It's Grandmother's Choice BoW!!  I got a slow start today as some friends and I went to check out what might have been a great sale on fabric.  But, alas, it was okay, but not spectacular.  Next we visited a brand new quilt store in our general area - always nice to have more shopping options!

I did engage in a little shopping therapy today, and one of the prints is in my block this week.  This 20th week commemorates Emily Wilding Davidson and is called Memory Wreath.  See the link for more info:  Memory Wreath: Emily Wilding Davidson

The block has a 4 inch center.  Many folks are fussy cutting fabric to include in that middle area.  I started to do this with a graphic rose print, but it just was not working.  I decided to go with a large scale houndstooth print instead.   I then incorporated a small houndstooth print, my standard turquoise, and a newly bought black check. 

Week 20: Memory Wreath




No comments:

Post a Comment