Easy Street!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Block of the Week - True Blue: Too Smart

I'm late getting this posted.  Between business trips and  posting the photo of the day I am doing for February, it just escaped me.

This is our 24th week - almost halfway done!  This week we learned how women were not supposed to show their intelligence, and were often ridiculed when they did.  We've come a long way, but there are still times when I am told I should tone down the intellectual side of my personality.  WHAT?  I think not.  So perhaps some of us still have a little way to go, hmmm?

I chose to do a turquoise and white block this week to get close to the theme.  I'm not entirely pleased with the cutting of some of the pieces, they make the block look skewed.  But - it's done and not every block needs to scream "look at me".  I do like the "mod" look after last week's retro style.  I started thinking about doing "modern vintage".... I have not really kept that up.  I do like how it's coming together.



Now that we are halfway done, I am starting to think about the layout/sashing/borders.  I am thinking about black frames around the blocks and gray sashing.  It will have to be the perfect gray.  I may need to take a trip to WebFabrics to test some grays.  (Such a hardship, I know - ha ha ha)

Here's a group shot of my block so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment