Easy Street!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Photo of the Day - Feb 2013 - Day 24 - Cloud

I walked around the Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden yesterday and enjoyed having my camera along.  Beautiful flowers, a wonderful butterfly conservatory, palm trees, and sculpture delighted my eyes.

Amazing and interesting cloud formations?  Not so much.  But it was the word of the day for yesterday, so here are a couple shots, followed by my favorite picture of the day:

 This is a closeup of a sculpture by Will Ryman.  I tried to continue the "hump" line of the lady bug body and head to the cloud outline.


This one is more subtle - I chose to have the clouds out of focus in the background to make the branches look like there was a little glow to them.  It worked for the branch through the middle of the picture.  Love these brushy flowers on the tree.

Not connected to a cloud, but this is my favorite picture of the day - a small butterfly getting nectar from a flower:





Sometimes patience pays off in photography!



No comments:

Post a Comment