Easy Street!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Busy Quilting Weekend

I had loads of fun this weekend sewing various blocks for various projects.  As 2012 seemed to be the year of the mystery quilt, 2013 is shaping up to be the year of the block of the month (and week)!

I was out of town until Thursday night on business travel and went in on Friday to wrap some things up.  However, the computer systems were down, and it seems nothing can get done without them!  So, off I went to one of our local quilt shops (WebFabrics) which has a block of the month program.  Each month will have two or three blocks.  In January, I did two of the three blocks and needed more fabric for the third because I messed up on the first try, then changed out some of the fabric provided.  I got the two blocks for February and home I came. 

I made the February blocks on Friday afternoon:



There was enough of the background fabric (used in every block) from these two blocks, to finish the second block, which I completed Friday night:


On Saturday it was both the Barabara Brackman Grandmother's Choice block of the week and her Dixie Diary block of the month.

The block of the week this time is call Girl's Joy, and since I like bright colors so much I just had to make a bright, joyful block:



The Dixie Diary block this month was about how some families in the Civil War had members on both sides, and so we made the Checkered Allegiance block.  I continue to incorporate embroidery from my family members:

  


Finally, I was debating working on the Easy Street quilt, but did not want to get that involved as I will need to clear off my dining room table so that I can sew the larger pieces together there.  I remembered that Riley Blake had a Chevron block posted and I've been wanting to try one.  It is a block of the month and we'll see if I continue with it.  The chevron block was fun to make:

 
I did no sewing on Sunday as I am preparing to leave town once again.  I did research embroidery patterns to include on the WebFabrics block of the months. 

That concludes this lady's sewing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment