Easy Street!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Batik Fun!

I have not used batik fabric in quite some time on a project and I've been playing with several combinations of batiks I have in my stash.  I am loving them in the Blogger Girl's Block of the Month and will have to find another project for batiks this summer when this BOM is done.

I am all caught up now, and there are only two more months to go.  Here's month 4:






This was quite a challenge because I do not have the rulers used in the instructions.  It's been kind of fun to figure out what is really going on.  In my first rendition, I had two of the sections in the center portion of the block off-center which really threw the pattern off.  Fixing that was also a challenge and I'm pleased with the result.  Troubleshooting is getting a little easier, and I'm not as apt to accept a poorly sewn block now as I once was!




Here's the 4 blocks together - I think they will work great with the final 2 blocks to come in a wall hanging for my bedroom.   One thing I like about them so far is that they will all work either sashed straight or on point, so I have flexibility for the final layout.


No comments:

Post a Comment