Easy Street!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dixie Diary Top is Done!

I finished the top I made through the Barbara Brackman Civil War blog for 2013.  I used my paternal grandmother's embroidery in it and I love how it all worked out. The embroidery was used each month as an integral part of the block, and also in each cornerstone for the setting. 






Here's a detail of the bottom left corner:





Each of the cornerstones in the middle of the top is different, and they alternate between flowers and greenery. I incorporated four of the fabrics used in the blocks into the four outer cornerstones.  I used a very bright contemporary fabric for the border as I enjoy mixing the vintage and contemporary. This will hang in my bedroom and worked best there out of the options I was considering for the border. It really does make me smile!

Next I need to have it quilted and I am stymied. How would you have this quilted? And do you have a favorite quilter you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment