Easy Street!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stinkin' Cute

Baseball

My baseball-loving buddy has a grandson and they are very close. So while I was gone last week, I decided to make his grandson a small quilt with some of the same fabrics used in his quilt and a couple of other fabrics I had with me. I think it turned out cute:


I hope he likes having a quilt like "Pop Pop" has.

Dixie Diary

And now to the Dixie Diary - the main border decision has been made, and now I am considering whether to use cornerstones in the outer border.  The pictures below show the cornerstone option in the upper left, and no cornerstone on the bottom corners. When I went to bed last night I thought I did not want cornerstones. This morning I think cornerstones might provide a visual resting place. If I use the cornerstone option, they will be the same embroidery in each corner. So, as usual, I have to think it through!

Cornerstone Option 1:



Cornerstone Option 2:



Next I will need to decide on the quilting. Not sure how (if?) the embroidery will affect my choices. Guess there's more research in my future!









2 comments:

  1. No cornerstones. Unless you use a stronger color (in the four triangles) to outline them. IMHO read first sentence.

    ReplyDelete