Easy Street!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Globetrotting

Well, in the category of "You Can Never Have Too Many Projects", I decided to join in Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM! (More info here.)She is picking cities she has either been to or wants to go to each month and creating a block inspired by each.

The design is a large block in the center and smaller blocks all around.  It was inspired by an old map Pat saw of Washington, D.C.

I am pulling from my stash, using mostly some fabrics I picked up on this year's Quilter's Quest at each shop.  Given it will go all year, who knows where it will end up!  For now, anyway, the color scheme is blue, gold, brown and cream. I suspect another accent color may make it's way in at some point!

I frankly am not worrying too much about construction on this one -- if it looks good from a galloping horse, it's going to be fine with me. I will work on technical aspects in my other projects!

The first block measures in at 25" square:



No comments:

Post a Comment