Easy Street!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Mini Quilts

I had never made any mini quilts, and then several months ago I was with friends at Oh Sew Persnickety and we all picked up a cute little mini quilt pattern.

Thimble Blossoms mini - May 2015
Then one night when I couldn't sleep, I made a Scottie block or mini:

Scottie - pinkdeenster - May 2015

And finally, now that I am not doing any Blocks of the Week or Month, I'm doing an online Mini Quilt series called Little Lovelies hosted by Swirly Girls Designs.  I've pieced the first two (for September and October 2015):

Little Lovely Layla - September 2015

Little Lovely Lexi - October 2015
 Now I need to get on the ball and quilt them!  I am going to use basting spray on these to see how I like the technique (since I seem to be very pin basting-challenged).

I'm enjoying these - they are easy to put together in small snippets of time, and I think they're really cute!  For the Little Lovelies series, it looks like I'll be "mad for plaid" when I make them.

(and colvinkiwiquilts- there's GREEN in them!)





No comments:

Post a Comment