Easy Street!

Friday, October 23, 2015

Patterns Printed for SVBAQ

I had trouble finding a place to enlarge my patterns for the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt Along. Most places (FedEx Office and a Staples) said it would be over $100 to enlarge them because I needed an 8 1/2 x 11 page enlarged by 200%. I finally went to a Staples that knew about paper that is 18" x 24" used for engineering drawings. It worked perfectly!


Now onward!  I need to find one more fabric for the block backgrounds and then I will cut the background squares. And the most fun for me, is picking the fabrics for the applique! The top pattern, Pineapple, is the first block in the sew along - this pattern is used three times in the quilt.

I will likely use the method of tracing the pieces onto heavy freezer paper, then ironing the freezer paper to the fabric and turning under the edges with starch. It's a lot of prep work, but I find it's the best way for me to get those edges turned under cleanly.

I still cannot see well enough to sew the applique down, but will get as much done to get the pieces ready as I can.  This will be a fun project!

There's also a Shenandoah Valley Botanical Quilt sew along page on Facebook, if you're interested in following along there.

No comments:

Post a Comment