Easy Street!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

SVBAQ Pineapple Block Prepped

Now that my background fabrics have been selected and the range of fabrics selected for the applique', I decided to prep the first block in the sew-along - the Pineapple block.  I will be using a wide variety of Grunge Basics for the applique pieces (great idea Suzanne!) and I bought the fabrics for the three Pineapple blocks that appear in the quilt. I may try to place similar colors as they are in the original quilt - we'll see how that goes as we progress

So the first Pineapple block is in the upper left-hand corner, and is pink. Here's my version laid out - it may not end exactly like this as I numbered all of the pieces and the pattern and I have not checked to see if I have the pieces in the right place yet.


It's not sewn down yet as I cannot see well enough to do that yet.

So I will continue to make good use of my light table and trace some more blocks. I think I'll do the yellow Pineapple next.

I'm doing the 20" blocks and it will be my Springtime bedspread if (WHEN) I finish it!

5 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog and am amazed at your tenacity, working on a project this complicated without full use of your vision. Knowing your work, it's going to be a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheryl. I'm not sure about a masterpiece, but it's been fun to plan.

    It's not major surgery I had and I am lucky that I was able to take an entire month off and can therefore work on things very slowly. I'm prepping a few pieces at a time - taking a rest when I need to.

    Doing this will actually help the doctor because she wants me to do everything I want to do, in order to determine whether there's any "tweaking" needed and then to determine how to manage what glasses I'll need. See? I can justify sewing for almost any reason at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple background is so vibrant - just beautiful with the green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Dena! And I love the purple background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting for my new reading/sewing glasses to get here so I can start stitching!

    ReplyDelete