Easy Street!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Busy Weekend

This has been a hectic weekend with the end of the Thanksgiving holiday and two projects on the task list for quilting.

Yes, it's block of the week time again, this time we are celebrating universal suffrage.  The block is called "Everybody's Favorite".  I wanted to get it finished Saturday morning, so I jumped online first thing -- even before I had my Diet Coke!  I think I should have taken the time to go get the soda because I had to resew one seam at least 5 times!!  Ah well, it's a smidge wonky, but as they say it won't be noticed by someone on a galloping horse.  This block actually makes me smile as I used my very favorite red flower in it and 2, count 'em 2, plaids!


There's another version being done that is just great.  I had no idea how to draft it, and these fabrics would not have worked in that version,  It is fun seeing what others do.

I had another project start this weekend -- a mystery quilt with Bonnie Hunter -- see the link under the blogs I follow.  It is scheduled to run for 6-8 weeks, coming out every Friday.  My weekends will be busy!  Here's my fabric selections:

Aqua/Teal, Apple Green, Purples and ...
.... grey and block on white prints










The grey and black on white prints are this weeks assignment....make 190-something 4 square patches from 2 inch strips!  I got most of the strips sewn and subcut, but was unable to finish because I thought I should actually take clothes with me on my business trip this week!

I will be behind for both projects as I'm out of town until Dec 8th.  Lots of catching up to do over the holidays!

So, there's my quilting world for now,

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Pinkdeenster, your block is stunning. It is among the most successful of the blocks this week. I chose not to do this version because some of them were not so pleasing, but what you have created with your fabrics is definitely dynamic and fun - it's just fun to look at. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheryl. It is nice to know when other folks like what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete