Easy Street!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Block of the Week, Blocks of the Month

This past weekend, the Grandmother's Choice BOW talked about women pioneers in the military and Barbara talked about her friend, Erma who was in the Navy.  To complement this story, she chose to have us make a block called Ocean Waves.  I decided to use only white and turquoise in the block, and I have been wanting to use a larger scale polka dot.  It represents the bubbles you see when a wave crashes on the shore.  I then used various shades of turquoise in a row to simulate how a wave rolls in and out.  I don't know that the story shines through, but I do enjoy how my block came out this week:

Week 28:  My Friend Erma: Ocean Waves

Last weekend I was out my LQS, WebFabrics and picked up the blocks of the month for March.  I made each of these over the past week.  It should make for an interesting scrappy sampler.  I admit, although I get to pick which packet I am going to use, I kinda miss picking out the fabrics.  This makes me see the fabrics Carly chooses, though, and I'm learning how to put different items together than perhaps I would have done. 

Month 3, Block 6: Blackbird Designs

Month 3, Block 7

Month 3, Block 8: Lily Ashbury

No comments:

Post a Comment