Easy Street!

Monday, March 25, 2013

On a Roll - Completed Tops

In March I have completed three tops!

First is the Easy Street by Bonnie Hunter that she offered as a mystery quilt over the holidays late in 2012.  I finally buckled down to finish it and I put the borders on at my guild's retreat over the St. Patrick's Day weekend.  I almost put it in a UFO pile, but decided to persevere and I am so glad I did. After borders, it is 104" square and someone on the Flickr group said there are over 2300 (2700?) pieces in the darn thing.  I love the colors and the movement in this one.




I have been working on the Pointing the Way quilt for about a year - the pattern is from the 2012 National Quilting Day.  I adapted the pattern some and did not use a Mariner's Compass in the middle of the star.  For one thing, I don't think I would do a very good job on that type of applique yet and I did pretty well matching the center points and I don't want to hide them.  I worked on this at the retreat, too, by adding the first border.  Unfortunately, I had put it on upside down!  As I drove us home from the retreat, my friend ripped the seams out and I was able to redo it over the weekend.  Yeah for friends who will rip out your mistakes!!



Finally, I started on this quilt at the retreat and got the inner, colorful rectangles done while I was there.  I finished this one up just today.  It's a very easy pattern from the magazine Simple Quilts and Sewing #125.  I had been looking for a pattern to show off the new Snap Pop line from Moda and this fit the bill perfectly.


The next stop for all three is at the long armers.  Then, I feel a whole lot of binding coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment